Hello travelers, I hope you are doing fine. In this post, I will discuss Delta Airlines’ check-in. Most travelers must have heard about Delta Airline’s check-in and airport security when traveling by airline, whether domestic or international. If you plan to travel by a top U.S. carrier and have before made your Delta Airlines reservations, then here is your helpful guide providing exact knowledge about the airline’s check-in.
This is all that you want to know about Delta Airlines Check-in & Security Policy. These are the following:
Delta Airlines Check-in Policy
Delta Airlines has a comfortable check-in policy for all its customers. This can be done either online by yourself or by visiting the airline’s check-in desk at the airport. For check-in, whether offline or online, a government-issued photo identification along with a boarding pass is compulsory. The following are how check-in can be done when traveling on Delta Air Lines:
Check-in up to 24 hours before departure
Delta Air Lines allows the passenger to check-in online up to 24 hrs before the flight’s scheduled takeoff. This can be done by visiting the airline’s website by clicking on the My Trips tab in your Delta account, and entering your confirmation number, SkyMiles number, or credit card number for accessing your itinerary. You can also print your entry pass or get an onboarding Pass on your smartphone.
Check-in at Delta Airport Kiosks
If you skipped Delta Airlines online check-in, use the Delta airport kiosks for faster check-in. This can be done by entering your ticket number, confirmation number, or SkyMiles number to access your itinerary at the booth and finally print your boarding pass. Alternatively, you can also visit the Delta check-in desk at the airport and speak to one of the airline’s staff to resolve your queries.
Traveling Documents Required
- A valid U.S. government-issued photo ID or a passport from the traveler’s country of origin will be required when flying on Delta Airlines within the United States.
- A visa with at least 6 months of legality is required when traveling to an international destination from the United States. The traveler needs to check whether a permit is required for visiting the desired foreign country.
- A lawful U.S. permanent resident or visitor on a permit must ensure that they are traveling with their residency travel documentation, passport, or green card when traveling to the United States from a foreign country.
Check-in Time Requirements
- It is approved to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before departure when traveling within the United States. However, most airports require check-in at least 30 minutes before the domestic flight’s scheduled departure time and present at the gate for boarding 15 minutes before departure.
- When traveling to an international destination, it is recommended that the traveler arrives at the airport at least 3 hours before scheduled departure and check-in at least 1 hour before the flight’s departure. The traveler must also be present at the gate for boarding 45 minutes before the flight’s scheduled departure time.
Delta Airlines Security Policy
The following guidelines should be held to as per Delta Airlines airport security policy:
Delta Airlines requires the travelers bringing carry-on baggage to check the required size requirements details beforehand and packing suggestions, particularly regarding liquids, pastes, and gels. Follow the below points for more information about the same:
- Only one personal item and one carry-on bag are allowed on board the aircraft without any fee.
- Carry-on size limits required is approximately 22″ x 14″ x 9″ or 56 x 35 x 23 cm
- Carry-on must fit under the seat in front of the traveler carrying it or into the aircraft’s overhead bin.
- Approved one personal item may include a laptop computer, diaper bag, camera bag, briefcase, purse, or one thing of a smaller or similar size as per the approved item list.
- Additional approved items not treated as a carry-on (freebies) may include an umbrella, assistive devices, a jacket, duty-free merchandise, such as crutches, wheelchairs, strollers, special items such as child restraint seats, or food or drink purchased after security clearance.
The travelers should check banned items listed in the category of the forbidden item by Delta Airlines before, which can also be found on the airline’s website. Keeping a tab of items that are allowed and which are not allowed, would save time while check-in.
That’s all folks! I hope you have gotten all the information related to Delta Airlines and its Check-in now. If you still have any doubts, feel free to get in touch with us or visit Delta Airlines’ support helpline. Apart from flight booking and check-in, there are a few things you should keep in mind while traveling. We are all aware of the current condition of travel around the world.
Here are a few tips to follow for the best and safe travel:
- Reach at least 90 minutes prior to your flight. Also, if possible try to reach even earlier than that. Due to the safety protocols, the check-in process may take extra time.
- Make sure you are wearing masks and have all the necessary documents, things with you.
- Keep a list of items you are carrying and compare it with the list of allowed items. It would save time and be more convenient for your travel.
- If you are traveling abroad, try to reach the airport at least 2 hours prior to the departure time. Also, it would be a good idea to keep the necessary documents handy during the check-in.
I wish you a happy journey. Keep safe!