Google travel is one of the best platforms for all travelers. You can search flights, find vacation options, search for hotels, find best deals, things to do, and more on this platform. Earlier it was available as a mobile app for Android and iOS users. Still, now you can access it on any web browser. In this post, I will guide how to use Google Travel to get the best of it.
Please note that Google travel is a travel planner platform by Google, and it does not charge you anything. You can book hotels, flights, vacation rentals through it, but you will be redirected to a third-party provider. Confused? Let us see how this works!
Features of Google Travel
There are a lot of options to use Google travel. Here are some of the features of this outstanding planner:
- Flight Search: Google Flight is a comprehensive flight search platform that provides you the latest flight deals irrespective of your source and destination. You can compare fares of various airlines and tour agencies using Google Flights. Once you are satisfied with the comparison and made up your mind, select the flight, and you will reach the right website to complete the checkout process.
- Hotel Search: Hotels are necessary for a temporary stay in any city. You can find and compare top hotels and sort them according to the price, amenities, distance from Airports, etc. You can also check hotel reviews directly on Google Travel while booking a nice room for you.
- Vacation Rentals: If you are planning a long vacation, then you can find good rental options. Here you will find houses, apartments, villas, etc., to stay for a few days or weeks. Ensure to check all the details according to your requirements, such as room, bathroom, window, airport distance, and whatever you need.
- Explore & Things to Do: If you want to take complete advantage of your travel, you must know what to do in a city. You can explore various things to do options and places to visit on Google Travel. Put a city’s name in the search box and hit enter.
- Travel Calendar: You know that you can track flight fares and your vacation history using Google’s Travel calendar. I love this feature as it allows me to plan my vacation in advance.
How to guide
Ok so, those were some of the features of Google’s trip planner, and you can explore more on their official website. There are many things to do, and you might have to spend hours figuring out everything. However, you can follow the below guide to use Google Travel easily and find good deals:
- First of all, open any of the web browsers and visit https://www.google.com/travel/. Here you will all the options that you need.
- Now, can you see the search box in the middle of your computer screen? Enter the name of any city, airport, flight, or even your query. E.g., I will write “flights to New York from Mumbai” or “hotels in las Vegas,” and it will show me the best deals depending upon my query.
- Suppose you don’t have anything on your mind right now, then I have the solution for that too. Do you see small icons under the search box stating Explore, Things to do, Flights, Hotels, and Vacation Rentals? You can click on those too, and it will open a separate window for each feature. For example, suppose I click on Flights. In that case, it will open the Google Flights window, where I can customize everything to search and book flights to any destination.
- When you scroll down below the search box and icons, you will find an option to Plan your trip. A button saying, “Create a trip.” It will open a new window to enter details like destination, dates, destination, dates, etc. It means you can plan your upcoming trips in advance. And when you open Google Travel next time, you will see your upcoming trips.
- After further scrolling, you will find popular destination suggestions based on your current location. It usually depends upon the city you are living in and how people in that city travel.
- On the left panel, you can see a menu below the Google logo and a hamburger icon. These are the same options we just found under the search box in step 3.
- You can modify travel settings, set up price alerts, change currency, and more after clicking on the hamburger icon. We will discuss those details in upcoming posts.
See, it’s not that difficult to use Google Travel. However, please get in touch with me or go through the FAQs section below if you still have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is Google Travel?
Ans. Google Travel is a trip planner that offers flight, hotel, vacation rental search platforms, and other activities.
Q. Is Google Flight free of cost?
Ans. Yes, it is free of cost. You can think of it as a different search platform for the trip.
Q. How to book flights using Google Travel?
Ans. To book the flight, visit https://www.google.com/travel/ and click on the flight tab on the left menu. You can also visit the Google Flight website directly.
Q. How can I access and use Google Trip Planner?
Ans. You can use it on any web browser on your computer or smartphone.